Thursday, January 14, 2010

KNIGHTS

The movie of the week at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge is: What a fun movie! It's about a young man who wants to be a knight, but is a peasant and therefore not eligible for knighthood and tournaments. He works hard to "change his stars" like his father told him. The challenge for this movie is to use a star. I took the color green, like William's banquet tunic that was sewn by Roland, as my inspiration.
Last week I made an 18th Birthday card for a nephew and came across this star stamp set. I thought that this stamp from the set would be perfect for his Graduation this spring. Then, along came this challenge! This star has alot of good advice on it, but I had to add the heart stamped with my final advice. Whatever you do it has to be what you want.
I enjoyed planning my project and putting it together, but I'm not a great (not even good) photographer. I couldn't get color and clarity to work together. I decided to go for clarity in this post.

I used Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Always Artichoke card stock and ink for my green (the colors are darker in the photo). I also used brushed silver (like armour) embossed in my Big Shot and Brushed Gold (for the prizes) cardstock and the large heart punch. I used In the Stars (ret.) and Whimsical Words stamp sets. All from Stampin' Up!
Thanks for stopping to see...I love your comments, Grammie

5 comments:

  1. I like the use of metallics and the texture on the silver. That star is cool -I don't remember that one! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie,
    So glad to see you this week on the challenge again.. You created an amazing card... Love the layout.. and the Green silver are a perfect touch.. The ribbon has a great textile feel to is as well... And what better sentiment that Follow your Heart... Super job!
    HUGS
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the star and the heart and the colors that you used! Great job with the challenge, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! It's always so much fun to see your Cinema Creations and we are so happy that you played along with us this week!!! What a gorgeous card for your nephew that you created Jackie!! SImply beautiful! LOVE that you got the inspiration for the green from the cloth that Roland sews for him and the dream big sentiment in the star is so perfect as tis the sentiment! Simply beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at CInema Saturday! Sending you lots of sunshine!!! :)
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete