Sunday, January 10, 2010

AUTUMN

Surprise, surprise! Here is a post that I started just before Halloween and never got published. It's amazing, because the drive that we had all of our photos saved to died, but these pics live on in blogdom.
Anyway, I love the colors and freshness of Autumn. It also feels calmer when the children of the neighborhood are at school and there are no bikes and scooters rushing past the house. Maybe a little lonelier too. Of course, there are the weekends when the grandkids want to get away from their parents, and they come to visit.

Last year, I went to my first corn maze. I was looking for something different to do with Spencer. The theme waas Narnia, and the entrance was a wardrobe. When I stepped out of the back of the wardrobe, I felt like Lucy...there was "snow"all over. It was beautiful.
That was the end of the magic; it took us 2 hours to find our way out and we missed one of the check points. We did decide to do it again this year, but we brought Grampy with us to navigate. This year the theme was "Honey, I Shrunk the Farm". Above is Spencer and me on a giant chair. Next
we have our navigator checking the map...that's why it took us only 45 minutes this year.
Norm and Spencer also tried slinging pumpkins. They got good distances, but no bulls eyes.

I hope you don't mind months old blogs. But you are patient, that's why Grammie loves YOU.






No comments:

Post a Comment