Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CSCC #53: ELIZABETH THE GOLDEN AGE


The requirement this week at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge is to be inspired by the movie "Elizabeth the Golden Years", and have a crown on the project. I hadn't seen this movie, but I was glad to have the need. I love this period of history, and this film is gorgeous...the clothes, the jewels, the wigs not to mention the setting and actors.!

There is no way I could choose a single element for inspiration. But, I did need to make 2 birthday cards. My nephew Andy, and a friend from my card playing group are having birthdays. I decided to use the same stamp set and color scheme for both, but they are very different.


I used "Card Games" stamps from SU (note that the King and Queen are wearing crowns) and SU color markers Summer Sun and Real Red to color them on Whisper White cardstock. I used "Pink Flamingo" DSP by SU; the red flower on Mo's card to represent the beautiful brocades that were Elizabeth's dresses, and the golden rays on Andy's card to show strength. I also tried to highlight the crowns by putting diamond dust on them.





I finished Andy's card with a piece of retired SU ribbon and verse from "Party Hearty" stamp set by SU. I used Real Red and Summer Sun cardstock.










Ifinished Mo's card with organza ribbon and a rhinestone brad and flowers from the Pretties kit, one colored with Summer Sun. I used some sticky rhinestones from my stash in the Queen's neckline to represent her jewels. It was all set on Brushed silver cardstock.

I really enjoyed making these and I hope you liked looking.
Thanks for coming by.

2 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful! I never thought of using that set! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!!! What a great way to incorporate them into a card!!! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge!!! Big Hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete