Monday, September 14, 2009

STAMPING

...especially when I get told that I did a good job. On Friday one of my cards was posted on Stampin' Up's "Stampers Showcase". Even more exciting, on Saturday I found out that I won the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge for "School of Rock". (See my Sept. 9 post) Now I get to display the CSCC Audrey Award on my blog (look left), and be a guest designer for their 50th challenge.

Today I'm posting a card for:

I watched this movie for the first time over the weekend. I've previously seen the first part of the trilogy so I understood what was happening.

This is a perfect good vs. evil story. It not only has the conflict, it also has many relationships; between Hobbits, Dwarves, Goblins, Ents, Elves, Men, etc.

I finally chose to focus on the love between Elf and Man; Arwen and Aragorn.

I chose a stamp from Waltzing Mouse stamps set "Irish Blessings". The Celtic ( I think, or maybe Gaelic) language might be like the elfish language, and the meaning, "Darling of my heart" is clear whatever the language. To fulfill the requirement of embossing, I heat embossed the phrase with clear embossing powder mixed with Dazzling Diamonds glitter over Basic Black ink. The paper is Stampin Up; Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Brushed Silver and Cottage Wall DSP. I also used Stampin Up Organza Ribbon and Silver Elastic Cord.

Love to you

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jackie, your card is so pretty! Woohoo to you on winning the last challenge, that is so exciting! You go girl....grammie:o)

    ReplyDelete