Sunday, September 13, 2009

THE PUYALLUP FAIR















It was kind of a spur of the moment decision to go to the Fair on opening day, but it was a good one. On opening day there is a 2 hour window of time where addmission is FREE. The weather was great and the economy isn't, so there were lots of people taking advantage of it.

Our first stop was my favorite; Home Arts. I just love looking at all the quilts that hang from the ceiling. There are displays of all kinds of needle work and sewing, as well as baked items and canning. This year I couldn't come near to choosing my favorite quilt...there was so many really pretty and unique entrys. The picture below shows that there is 4 rows - 2 sided of quilts hanging almost the full width of the building.




After viewing livestock, checking some vendors and lunch of the famous onion burgers, we got to the Grange exhibits. I love these. Since I was a girl I've been fascinated by the patterns and pictures these people can make out of their farm products.




We saw this fantastic container garden. Norm is standing in a corner of it, checking out an unusual way to support tomatoes.




I finished off the day with a 30 minute wait for scones...but you've gotta get scones at the Fair.


Mmm, delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment