Tuesday, September 8, 2009

DOUGHNUTS

I'm sure there is someone, somewhere, who doesn't like doughnuts, but I love them.

In Puyallup we have Happy Doughnuts, a doughnut shop that makes the best around. When we have overnight visitors, it's an excuse to run down and get some doughnuts to have with our breakfast. When we put the grandkids down at night we try the "if you go to sleep real good, we'll have Happy Doughnuts for breakfast" bribe (we'd go anyway).

Kids start out liking just cake doughnuts with icing and sprinkles,and then as they get older their taste expands to cover all doughnuts. My taste hit that point a long time ago and now my first choice is maple iced old fashioneds (just in case you might stop by one morning).

A few weeks ago Erin and Jonas spent some nights with me. When we got there it wasn't too busy so I asked if I could take some picture of my grandkids in front of the doughnut cases. These pictures are what I got.
I love how Jonas couldn't take his eyes off the box....anticipation.


They were in too much of a hurry to get back to breakfast to smile.

Don't the doughnuts in the case look good? Mmmm doughnuts!

1 comment:

  1. Where are the doughnuts???
    Ooops! Sorry, that was me I accidentally sent them off to cyberspace -the pictures of doughnuts and the charming donut monsters will be back soon-ish!!

    ReplyDelete