Monday, March 1, 2010

STRIPPING

This may not be what you're thinking.  I'm talking about strip piecing in quilt making.
Last week my friend Sharon, her friend (and my new friend) Pandora, and I went to the Sewing and Stitchery Expo.  There was sooo much to see.  We all spent some money and got some really great ideas from over 500 exhibitors.

One of the exhibitors was Eleanor Burns, a star in my and Sharon's eyes.  She has been teaching quilting and publishing books of instruction for 32 years.  If you've ever heard of "Quilt in a Day" books or PBS video series, you know who I mean.  We saw that she was meeting fans and signing books, so we got in line.  I purchased her 25th anniversary book STILL STRIPPING  After 25 Years  for her to sign.
She was so nice, posing for pictures (here with Sharon), and chatting as long as each person wanted.
She made us fans all over again.

If you're interested in quilting and live in, or near western Washington, here's a website for you http://www.washingtonquiltshophop.com/Home_Page.html  In June, there is a shop hop including over 50 quilt shops.  It lasts for 5 days, and is great fun.  Check it out.

Thanks for coming by.  I expect to have 2 more postings this week about stamping.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bummed to miss the Shop Hop this year...maybe it's better that way, maybe I'll use up some of the fabric from years past instead. Then next year I can get fabric for a Charlie quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete