Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CHRISTMAS STAMPIN' ALL YEAR LONG #41

When I first found the CSAYL blog, I was just starting to plan my Christmas 2009 cards.  It seemed like a great idea but, it was, as it turned out next to the last challenge of the year.  I've been waiting for it to start up again, but I only checked on Mondays (last year's weekly new challenge day) so I got going a little late.

This week's requirements are; 2 layers, 3 buttons, and glitter.  I added a strip of white cs that was stamped with a knit look stamp from Waltzing Mouse's "Faux Fun" set.  I think the sweater look goes with the "Warm Wishes" sentiment.  I pulled out an old, old Santa stamp that I just can't part with, to stamp my second layer.  I colored hims with Stampin Markers from Stampin' Up.  That's where the Santa and sentiment stamps and the buttons are from.  For the glitter, I used a glitter gel pen on Santa's beard and fur...I think you can see it if you look close.

I'm looking forward to friday's new challenge.  I'm gonna be so happy next November when I have a good supply of Christmas cards.  If this sounds like a good idea to you, go to http://www.christmasstampin.blogspot.com/, and make a new card every week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie!!! Well I'm glad you returned this year to play along!!! I love your card. . gosh, that's a super cute Santa! You did a lovely job coloring the images. Your card is fabulous. Thank you for playing along with us at CSAYL!!! Can't wait to see more of your cute Christmas cards!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute santa image! I love the glitter accents on the white sections.

    ReplyDelete